YSL Serum and Foundation Review

I was lucky enough to receive a bottle of YSL Forever Light Creator Serum Skintone Corrector to review prior to it being released in the UK.  I have now been using it for over 2 months and I wanted to do a full review on my blog.  

YSL Forever Light Creator Serum Skintone Corrector is a luxurious serum and is very easy to use. The bottle has a pipette which dispatches the exact amount of product for one use. A little goes a long way with this product and I only needed one dose from the pipette for my face. Almost instantly the pores on my cheeks were not as visible and after 2 weeks use I noticed that the dry areas on my face disappeared.  

YSL claims that this product helps to correct the appearance of uneven skintone by acting on dark spots, uniformity, translucency, and radiance. They state from the first dose, skin looks more luminous, its texture refined. In just seven days, shadows caused by fine lines and enlarged pores appear minimised. Over time, colour imperfections (dark spots, redness) look visibly reduced, skintone recovers its clarity and evenness. Healthy-looking skin achieves an exceptional luminosity, as if created from within.

YSL Forever Light Creator Serum Skintone Corrector costs approx £61 for 30ml, so it is at the expensive end of the market.  Is it worth it?  I didn't really notice any change to the sun damage spots on my cheek bones after using this serum, but it did have some effect on the luminosity and skin tone, but this was only temporary.  Overall, I would say it works well as a serum, keeping my skin moisturised, but didn't make any long term difference to my uneven skintone or dark spots, so I don't think I would buy it with my own money.



All is not lost with YSL as I also got hold of a free sample of the YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat foundation from the YSL counter in Debenhams.  I have struggled in the past to find a foundation that does not highlight dry patches on my face, but this foundation worked a treat.  It applies really well with the Real Techniques Expert face brush and is a light to medium coverage.  The sample also came with some sachets of the YSL Forever Youth Liberator Serum which I used under the foundation and this helped me attain a flawless finish.  I found this serum to be much lighter than the YSL Forever Light Creator Serum Skintone Corrector.  Overall, I really liked these 2 products together, so I will definitely buy the full size products at some point. Hopefully there will be a good offer available soon because I also want to buy a YSL lipstick.  

I really appreciate companies that are happy to give out decent size free samples, because it means you are less likely to purchase a product that doesn't really work.  In this case I was able to try out 2 high end products that really worked for me, so I can purchase the full sizes with confidence.  It was great that the lady on the counter didn't try to give me the hard sell when she was finding the perfect colour for my skintone.

Big thumbs up YSL, you will definitely be getting my custom again.


Leighlee

None of the above products were paid for with my own money.  I was sent the full size skintone corrector to review and the samples were free from the YSL counter.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Primark Vitamin Enriched Moisturising Primer Review - Bobbi Brown Dupe

Primark LED Light Mask Review

Aldi Lacura Vitabase Moisturising Primer Review - Bobbi Brown Dupe