Skinny Tan Express Mousse & Pre-Tan Primer

I don't use self-tanning products much as I find the results can be disappointing.  When I had the opportunity to try out Skinny Tan Express Mousse* and Pre-Tan Primer*, I thought I would give self-tanning another try and I am glad that I did.  First of all it's pretty easy to use and the results depend on how long you leave the product on.  As an added bonus, this product actually smells very pleasant.
Skinny Tan Express Mousse & Pre-Tan Primer
When I first posted a photo of this product on Instagram, I did get quite a few comments about the name that I definitely agreed with.  I totally acknowledge that Skinny Tan is not the best name for a product.  Being skinny has nothing to do with having a tan does it.  Whilst having a tan, may make you look a little slimmer, it's hardly going to make you skinny is it.  That being said, I am reviewing the product not the name.

EDIT:
I just wanted to update this post to explain one of the reasons behind the Skinny Tan name.  Similar to when you order a skinny latte at Starbucks, Skinny Tan includes less of the ingredients that are bad for you.  You can read the full blog post explaining the reasons behind the name here.
Photo supplied by Notion PR
First of all I used the Skinny Tan Pre-Tan Primer* (£9.99 for 125ml) which naturally exfoliates the skin in the shower using the Skinny Tan Exfoliating Mitt* (£5.99) to make sure that my skin was prepared in order to help the tan go on evenly.  Once out of the shower and dried off, I applied some moisturiser to the areas that tend to end up darker when self tanning (knees, ankles, elbows).  I then used the Skinny Tan Dual Tanning Mitt *(£5.99) to apply the Skinny Tan Express Mousse* (£27.99 for 150ml) and it was easy to see where the product had been applied as it tints the skin straight away.

Once the Express Mousse has been applied and is dry to the touch, you can put your clothes back on.  Depending on the depth of colour that you want to achieve, you leave the product on for the required amount of time before washing the product off in the shower.  I chose the light tan so only left the product on for 1 hour.   If you want a medium tan then leave the product on for 2-3 hours.  You can also leave the product on overnight for a really deep tan. 

I was left with a lovely subtle golden glow which was just what I wanted and there were no streaks or darker patches.  I have to say that this is definitely one of the best results that I have had with any self tanning product.  Usually, I end up with streaky or darker patches.  I will definitely be using this product regularly and it will be great for a pre holiday glow.  The tan still looks good a week later and I can just re-apply the mousse whenever I want to top up the colour.

Skinny Tan is a vegan, cruelty-free brand containing natural tanning agents.  There are no sulphates, or parabens in the product.  The products are available at Superdrug, Look Fantastic & Feel Unique.

I am going to be giving away some Skinny Tan products soon, so keep checking out my blog for further details.


Leigh
*I was sent these products to review, but the opinions are my own.

Comments

  1. It's great when a product works really well! I don't really use tanning products, but it sounds like a good purchase nevertheless :) x

    Velvet Blush

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Primark Vitamin Enriched Moisturising Primer Review - Bobbi Brown Dupe

Primark LED Light Mask Review

Aldi Lacura Vitabase Moisturising Primer Review - Bobbi Brown Dupe