Declutter Part 2 - Blushers, Bronzers & Highlighters

I have already decluttered my makeup palettes (you can read the post here), so I decided to start on blushers, highlighters and bronzers next. This is mainly because I really only wear them when I go out, I don't wear them on a day to day basis, so I am sure I can live without some of the products that I own. Here's a photo of all the products that I own right now (this does not include the 2 blush palettes that I already included in my makeup palette declutter post).  
Declutter Part 2 - Blushers,  Bronzers & Highlighters
I don't have that many bronzers or highlighters, but I have blushers aplenty including, cream & powder formulas.  
Project Declutter - Bronzers
The only bronzers that I own are The Body Shop Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder in the shade Fair Matte and Bourjois Bronzing Primer.  I'm definitely keeping TBS Bronzing Powder as it's a nice light matte shade which is perfect for me.  I was pretty sure that I was going to part with the Bourjois Bronzing Primer as it looks quite dark, but it works perfectly under my foundation to give a subtle glow like you have been out in the sun for a day, so I am going to keep hold of this one and make sure I use it more.  So in the end I have decided to keep both bronzers and make more of an effort to use them both.
Project Declutter - Highlighters
I only have 2 highlighters and they are both from Benefit and travel size.  Again, I don't really use much highlighter on a daily basis.  The Benefit Watts Up Highlighter is a soft gold colour and the Benefit High Beam is a subtle pearl colour.  As they are different I am going to keep them both and again make more of an effort to use them up.

Now onto the blushers.  I have split them into cream and powder.  First up is the powder blushers.
Project Declutter - Powder Blushers
I am definitely keeping the NARS blushers as they are 2 of my favourite colours - Orgasm and Deep Throat.  The Charlotte Tilbury Cheek to Chic blusher in the shade Love Glow is also a keeper as it's the one that I use the most often at the moment.  It's the perfect flush of pink colour.  The Colourpop Supershock Check colour in the shade Prenup is one that I haven't used since I bought it, but I just tried it out now and again it's a great pink shade that gives a subtle flush to the cheeks so I will keep this one and try and actually use it. 

INIKA Mineral Blush in Peachy Keen is my only loose powder blush.  This is a coral colour with shimmery gold in it.  It's not something that I would wear in the day, but I will definitely use it for a pop of colour for nights out.  I'm keeping Essence Blush Up! in the shade heat wave as it's my only ombre blush and it's a great coral/pink shade.

Finally, I have 3 Dainty Doll blushers that I picked up at the pound shop.  I have You Are My Sunshine, My Girl & Money Talks.  You Are My Sunshine is a pale pick with is perfect for the day time, so I will hold onto this blush.  My Girl is similar to NARS Orgasm, but perhaps a little less shimmer, so I am keeping this.  Money Talks is a pale pinky/nude shade with a slight shimmer, but it's too pale for me so I am going to give this one away.
Project Declutter - Cream Blushers
I have another Dainty Doll blusher, this time it's a cream one.  This is like a cream version of the brands Money Talks, although it's perhaps a little pinker, but it's too light for me, so I will pass this one on.  The Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Cream Blush in the shade Honey is a little too red toned for me so I am going to get rid of this one as well.  Becca Beach Tint in Grapefruit is a lovely sheer coral colour and it smells so fruity, but I know that I will never reach for it and as I have only used it a couple of times, I think this is one for the blog sale. 

The Benetint is another product that gives a lovely sheer wash of colour, but again I don't think that I will ever reach for it so this is another for the blog sale.  I chucked theBalm Stainiac away as it was drying up.  I like the subtle colours of the Bourjois Cream Blush in the shades 01 Nude Velvet and 02 Healthy Glow, so I am keeping them and I am also keeping Josie Maran Coconut Watercolor Cheek Gelee in the shade Pink Escape as that gives the cheeks a lovely natural glow.

So in the end I got rid of 6 blushers which is pretty good for a first go and I am going to make more of an effort to use the products that I am keeping.

Let me know if you have started to declutter your makeup stash.


Leigh
I bought these  products with my own money







Comments

  1. Wow, that is a LOT of blushers. I don't have that many to destash, though I am quite keen on using things up. I always sharpen my make up pencils when I use them and that helps get through them. Though then I buy more, so I' back to square one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why I have so many as I don't use blusher that often. I am dreading going through my eye pencils as again I have loads, but don't use them that often.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Primark Vitamin Enriched Moisturising Primer Review - Bobbi Brown Dupe

Primark LED Light Mask Review

Aldi Lacura Vitabase Moisturising Primer Review - Bobbi Brown Dupe