My Weekend in London

I just spent another weekend in London.  See my last trip report here.  I won't go through everything in detail, just mention some of the highlights and new discoveries.  I have to say the weather was scorching on both days, so it was a brilliant weekend.

The primary reason for my visit was to go and see some shows at the theatre. I really enjoyed Bend It Like Beckham The Musical and you can read my full review here.  I also went to see The Elephant Man which starred Bradley Cooper, Alessandro Nivola and Patricia Clarkson.  This show recently transferred to The West End from Broadway and it is such a good show.  I was worried that it would be too serious because of the subject matter, but it was very entertaining, funny in parts and also heartbreaking as well.  It's only on in London until 8th August 2015 so it might be a struggle to get tickets, but if you can manage it, it's well worth going to see and all the performances were amazing. We are all used to seeing Hollywood star Bradley Cooper in roles which showcase his good looks, so taking on this role could not be more different and shows what an excellent actor he is as he does not wear any prosthetics to show the deformities of the man he is playing.

We always make a visit to Borough market on our London trips and as it was close by, we decided to visit Tower Bridge where you can walk through the towers with various exhibitions and also cross the glass floor high-level walkways.  If you are afraid of heights the glass walkway may not be for you, but you do not have to walk across the glass if you don't fancy it.  The view is great and we were also lucky enough to be on the glass walkway when they raised the bridge, so we got a great view of that (they also raised it again when we had exited the Tower so we got to see the bridge being raised from outside the Tower as well).  It was amusing to see all the cyclists and motorcyclists have a race across the bridge once the barriers had been lifted again.  I managed to find a 2 4 1 offer for the Tower Bridge Exhibition here, so it only cost us £9 for 2 adult tickets which was a bargain (you do need to be travelling to London  by train to take advantage of this offer.

Finally, I found a great grilled cheese sandwich shop called Melt Room which I have to say sells the best grilled cheese sandwiches I have ever tasted.  I had the Portobello Mushroom melt which cost £4.50, tasted divine and was huge. That was the perfect end to my London trip before I headed back to the train station.  I will definitely be paying them another visit next time I am in London.  It's a shame they don't have a shop in Leeds.

I don't have any hauls to show for my time in London as I did not do much shopping, but I had a great time and there is so much to see and do, so I will definitely be back.  What do you recommend to do in London?

Leighlee

I paid for everything with my own money

Comments

  1. I love London. It's been a few years not since I last visited but it is truly an amazing city.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love shopping in Marylebone - Content Beauty & Wellbeing is my fav beauty shop to visit. Planning a trip to Bloom Perfumery & Jo Loves next time x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Primark Vitamin Enriched Moisturising Primer Review - Bobbi Brown Dupe

Primark LED Light Mask Review

Aldi Lacura Vitabase Moisturising Primer Review - Bobbi Brown Dupe