You Beauty Discovery Box October 2014 Review

I just thought I would post about the You Beauty Discovery Box October 2014. The theme this month is Handbag Heros – luxury beauty products with a distinct, powerful and effective quick-fix approach to looking good and feeling great.
You Beauty Discovery Box October 2014 Review
Everyone received the following:
Gold Collagen Forte (50ml worth £3.60) – a new anti-ageing liquid beauty supplement that contains hydrolysed collagen enriched with a unique blend of antioxidants (Q10, acai berry, pomegranate, lycopene, L-Carnosine and resveratrol) to protect against the oxidative stress. 

Cowshed Perfecting Night Serum (2ml worth £3.20) – The ultimate all-in-one anti-ageing treatment. The innovative serum-in-oil hybrid is bursting with natural active ingredients and essential oils that work wonders on your skin while you sleep, so that you wake up with a firmer, brighter and smoother complexion.

I chose the following 2 items to be included in my box:
Crystal Clear Intense Anti-Ageing Serum (30ml worth £36)  - This is a powerful anti-ageing complex, containing a high level of proven actives to help repair skin, creating a firmer, more youthful look.

Illamasqua Glamore Lipstick in Tease (This is a full size product which retails at £18.50) – these are colour intense lipsticks with a long lasting satin finish. As far as I am aware everyone who chose this option received a colour from the nude collection. I received Tease which is the lightest nude shade and unfortunately it is way too pale for my skin tone, so I will be passing this on to someone who suits it more than I do. It was great to receive something like this in a beauty box that only costs £6.95, so it’s a shame that in the end the colour isn’t suitable for me.

This is the first month that You Beauty decided to make everyone wait until 7am on the 1st of the month to log on and choose the products that they wanted.  This meant that all the people who usually wait up until midnight the night before to get their orders in all had to wait until 7am the next day to order. As someone who usually orders their products when I get to work at around 7am, this meant that it was unusually busy at 7am when I logged on and it took me nearly half an hour to sort my order out as the website kept crashing. You Beauty really need to resolve the website issue if they are going to continue to do this in the future. I can see their point that the people who stay up till midnight always get the best products which is fair enough, but their website really needs to be able to cope with the demand placed on it.

Other choices available this month included:
  • Paul Mitchell Fast Form
  • Crabtree & Evelyn Nail Lacquer
  • Melvita Youthful Day Cream
  • Murad AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser
  • Spiezia Facial Cleanser
  • Lalique Nilang Fragrance
  • Wild About Beauty Power Eyeshadow
  • MeMeMe Cherrubs Blush Cheek & Lip Tint
It was a great selection this month and I could easily have ordered a 2nd box, in order to try out some of the other products that were available.  If you are interested in joining, you can sign up here.


Leighlee
I bought this box with my own money

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Primark Vitamin Enriched Moisturising Primer Review - Bobbi Brown Dupe

Primark LED Light Mask Review

Aldi Lacura Vitabase Moisturising Primer Review - Bobbi Brown Dupe