Update on My Challenges for 2014

Back in December 2013 (if you can remember that far back) I set myself some challenges for 2014.  I posted an update in July here.  Any challenges that I completed by July I will strike out below and just provide updates on the ones I've completed since. 

Here's my original list below and I will add an update to each line.
  1. Watch 50 DVDs from my collection and then give them away. I haven't made much progress with this one as I have so much to watch on Sky+ and I have recently joined Netflix.  I have only watched 11 DVDs so far.
  2. Sort out 100 items to get rid of (either sell, throw away or giveaway). This can be any type of item and is all part of the decluttering process. Completed based on the amount of items I've donated to charity, sold on ebay/blog sale, although I didn't keep a specific record of exactly how many.  I need to have clearer challenges next year.
  3. Read 20 books from my collection (I know I am so behind the times, I recently bought a kindle but most of my books are still paperback and take up alot of room). My hope is to finish all the books and pass them on to friends and family. 10 is an achievable target, but I will extend it if I manage the 10 in a short period of time. I have now read 13 and hope to finish the remaining 7 by the end of the year.
  4. Read 25 magazines that I have bought in the last year (mainly bought for the free gifts).  I paid good money for them so I am going to read them all.  I've read 22 so far, so nearly there on this one.
  5. Finish 100 beauty or toiletry products (I will do empties posts along the way).  Completed
  6. Lose 1 stone in weight (I really need to lose more, but this is an achievable target).  This one is still a work in progress (a very slow process). I joined a gym 4 months ago, but as I haven't changed my diet I haven't made much progress in losing weight. I seem to be stuck at the same weight which I guess is better than gaining weight but not good enough. I really need to get some will power and cut out junk food and treats!!!
  7. Pay off my credit card debt (I won't post the amount on my blog but I will update how much has been paid off as a percentage).  The debt is not horrendous and was mainly due to my holiday to LA last year, but I have been relying on interest free credit cards for years and I want to spend 2014 living within my means and not putting frivolous items on my credit card. My credit card debt is now on one interest free card and I need to work out how much I need to pay off each month in order to clear it off before the end of the interest free period.  So far I've only paid off 4% of the total balance.
  8. 30 day no spend – after the sales have finished (I can't deny myself shopping in the sales, I am not strong enough), I am challenging myself to a 30 day no spend period, where I can't buy any unnecessary items including makeup, clothes and toiletries.  I have already stocked up on the necessities, so I shouldn't have to go shopping at all during the 30 day period.  I may extend the 30 day period if all goes to plan. Completed 
  9. Earn £50 from completing online surveys.  Completed
  10. When the 30 day no spend is up I will adopt a 1 in 1 out policy.  If I buy something that I don't need, then I will have to get rid of 1 similar item. At least that way I am not adding to my stash.  I have failed this one as I haven't kept track of things, so this is one I'm not going to complete. FAILED
  11. 50km on my exercise bike.  Completed.
  12. Paint my nails a different colour at least once a week and use up 10 nail polishes. As I'm trying to improve the condition of my nails this year I'm not going to complete this challenge. FAILED
  13. Sell 100 items on Ebay (this is linked to challenge 2, but I am keeping it separate to keep track of how much I manage to sell next year). All the items sold, will be things that I already own.  I will not be buying items specifically to sell for this challenge.  Completed.  I have sold 101 items on ebay so far this year.
  14. 30 days - no chocolate. Completed 
  15. 30 days - no fizzy drinks (chocolate and fizzy drinks are my addictions, so I want to see if I can live without them).  Completed
  16. Use up 100 samples of beauty products (I am pretty sure I have at least 100 samples of beauty products stashed around the house).  Completed. Ive used up 102 so far this year.  
  17. No Junk Food for 30 Days.  Completed.  This is one I have added to make up for the failures.
  18. No Eating Out for 30 Days.  This just includes eating out at restaurants. This is one I have added to make up for the failures.
I am happy with what I have completed so far this year. It would have been nice to have completed them all by now, but I've still got 3 months left for the ones still outstanding.  I have completed 10 and a couple are nearly there so I'm hopeful that by the end of the year all the others will be complete (apart from the 2 I have mentioned failing above). 

Have you set yourselves any challenges this year?  Leave me a comment or a link your posts.  I am already starting to think of challenges for 2015.  Where has this year gone?
Leighlee

Comments

  1. I love posts like this. Really want to do something like this next year.

    JordanAlice

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be posting my 2015 challenges in December. I am going to make them more specific that this year as some of the challenges I set for myself were hard to keep track of.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Primark Vitamin Enriched Moisturising Primer Review - Bobbi Brown Dupe

Primark LED Light Mask Review

Aldi Lacura Vitabase Moisturising Primer Review - Bobbi Brown Dupe