Use it or Lose it Challenge Update

Wow its been a while since I posted my last Use it or Lose it Challenge (my first of 2014).  If you haven't read that post then check it out here.  I basically picked out some products that I haven't used either ever or for quite some time and tried them out to decide if I want to keep them or if I can part with them, as I will probably never get round to using them.

These are the ones I picked for March.  First off are 3 mineral eyeshadows from MAC. They all look very similar so I am going to try them all out and see if they are actually the same or if they are different enough to keep.  They are called Cloudy Afternoon, Snow Season & Mineral Mode. These eyeshadows are all a slightly different colour and make a great base shadow, so I will definitely keep them and try and use them more often.
3 mineral eyeshadows from MAC called Cloudy Afternoon, Snow Season & Mineral Mode
Next on the list is an Illamasqua Powder blush.  Its a coral colour called Lover and I just want to check if it suits my skin tone and also whether it's similar to any of the blushes I use regularly.    In the end I felt that this blush was just too orange and did not suit my skin tone, so I am going to get rid of this from my collection.
Illamasqua Powder blush.  A coral colour called Lover
I picked a NARS nail polish called Purple Rain.  I really like the colour but I find it difficult to apply really dark colours to my short nails, so I am going to give this one a go and see if it's easy to apply, how long it lasts and whether it leaves any staining on my nails.  I also want to check how similar this is to Chanel Taboo which I also own. In the end I decided to keep this polish as it's such a nice colour.  It is similar to Chanel Taboo, but I will make a conscious effort to use them both as much as possible as lets face it they weren't cheap.
NARS nail polish called Purple Rain
I want to try out the Bourjois Bronzing Primer.  I thought this was a good idea at the time (it seemed similar to Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronze Universel), but I need to find out how to apply it correctly as I have never used a cream bronzer before.  It turns out that this is really simple to use and acts as a primer, whilst also giving me a bit of extra colour.  This worked really well under my foundation, so it's a definite keeper.
Bourjois Bronzing Primer
The next item on my list is L'Oreal Nude Magique Eau de Teint Foundation.  I saw loads of blogger reviews on this product and picked it up when it was on offer, but I have never used it.  I don't even know if the colour is right for me. I think this foundation will be perfect come summer (if we have one) so I want to try this out and see if I actually can use it.  This foundation is too sheer for me and does not really do anything to my skin.  I much prefer a creamier foundation (YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat Foundation for instance).  This particular foundation is too watery for my tastes. Its now for sale on my blog sale.
L'Oreal Nude Magique Eau de Teint Foundation
I have also chosen e.l.f. booster in sheer which is a loose mineral powder.  I don't use powder very much so not sure why I even bought this one.  I will try it out and see if it does anything for me.  My skin is quite dry, so I don't have a need for powders as they just end up making my face look even drier.  I favour a dewy finish, so this product will not get used and is on my blog sale.
e.l.f. booster in sheer
Finally, I want to try out Origins No Puffery cooling mask for puffy eyes. Again, not sure why I bought this as I don't really have bags under my eyes, but I will try it out and see if it does anything for my under eye area.  This product basically just gives a cooling effect around my eyes when I use it so although it doesn't make any long term difference it's nice to put on for 10 minutes after a long day at the office looking at a computer all day.  I wouldn't purchase again but I will keep it and use it on at least a weekly basis.
Origins No Puffery cooling mask for puffy eyes
So out of 9 products I'm keeping 6 and getting rid of 3.

It's taken me a while to post this update as I just always seem to have something else to post about, so it just never got done.  I am glad I have set myself this challenge as it is good to use products I have had for a while and ask myself, if I am really going to use it again or is it just going to go to the bottom of the pile never to be seen again. As you can tell if you have been reading my haul posts, I only seem to be clearing out old items to bring in new items so I really should stop doing that, but that's a whole other challenge (I did manage a 60 day no shopping challenge at the start of the year which you can read about in my recent challenge update post here, but 60 days is about all I can manage).  Hopefully I will post a new Use it or Lose it Challenge soon I just need to try out some more products.


Leighlee
I bought all these products with my own money

Comments

  1. Great idea! I think it is something I need to do too because I have so many neglected products.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this kind of post! I do this myself sometimes, I find it a really helpful way to see if a product is worth keeping or not! :)

    gyudynotesofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea sweetie !! I can use it for my blog!! <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Primark Vitamin Enriched Moisturising Primer Review - Bobbi Brown Dupe

Primark LED Light Mask Review

Aldi Lacura Vitabase Moisturising Primer Review - Bobbi Brown Dupe