The Spending Ban is Over - Leeds Mini Haul

I did it and I'm really chuffed. I managed to complete a 60 day shopping ban this week. Yay me.  It was originally a 30 day shopping ban which I started in the first week of January but I ended up breaking it in the Boots 70% sale (not really worth it to be honest), so I made myself do a 60 day ban.  I basically didn't go anywhere that could tempt me, so stayed away from town centres and managed to stop myself going mental with the online offers like the Harvey Nichols offer that I blogged about a couple of weeks ago.  Anyway to celebrate ending the ban I obviously went shopping.  Here's my Leeds haul that I bought today.

I bought 3 Models Own Speckled Egg Nail Polishes in Swan (Lilac), Magpie (Green) and Duck (Blue).  They are £5 each but there is an offer in Superdrug at the moment where they are 3 for 2 so I got them for £10.
I couldn't wait to try Duck when I got home so I put it on straight away and its a lovely polish.  I only needed to apply 2 coats.  It didn't dry particularly fast, but I'm loving this polish and can't wait to try the others.  I'm also going to buy the yellow and pink ones next time I go shopping.  Its very easy to apply to get the desired affect and I didn't need to mess around placing the speckles like you need to do with some glitter polishes. I am really happy with the condition of my nails right now as I have been making a concerted effort to take care of them.  Look out for a post coming soon which will cover some great products for improving the condition of your nails
I went into TKMaxx to browse the beauty aisles and came across this Michel Mercier Brush for £7.99.  I generally use a Tangle Teezer and absolutely love them, but I have heard that these brushes are good as well so can't wait to try it.  I like the idea of having a handle to grip onto as well.
While I was in Leeds I noticed a couple of new shops coming soon which I'm excited about.  I'm not sure when they are due to open but will update you when I find out.  The first one is Kiko. I have had a couple of good hauls from Kiko in Rome and London and I think the prices are really good so I cant wait for this one.  The store is opening on Albion Street in the centre of Leeds, near to the Trinity Shopping Centre.
The second one is Michael Kors.  I do like Michael Kors Bags and Accessories although its not really in my budget range, but I think it will be a nice shop to browse in and maybe one day I'll win the lottery and buy whatever I want (a girl can dream can't she).  This store is opening on Briggate, not far from Harvey Nichols.

I popped into Primark and bought a few items there but I will post about them separately or this post will go on and on.  
Leighlee
I bought these with my own money

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Primark Vitamin Enriched Moisturising Primer Review - Bobbi Brown Dupe

Primark LED Light Mask Review

Aldi Lacura Vitabase Moisturising Primer Review - Bobbi Brown Dupe