Birchbox Review - December 2013

I have to admit that I wasn't expecting much from the December Birchbox, after seeing some posts on Facebook from people who were disappointed. Since my expectations were so low, I have to say that I was pretty happy with the products I received.  Granted, its not the best beauty box Birchbox have ever done, but its nowhere near the worst beauty box I have received. They have managed to pack the box with brands that I have never tried and products that I will definitely find a use for.  Here's what I received:


  • Number 4 Non Aerosol Hair Spray 43ml - This botanical-rich formula provides flexible hold (full size costs £18.50)
  • Nail Rock Nail Velvet nail polish - This is a full size polish and costs £6.99.  I am interested to try this as I have never tried a velvet polish before.  The colour is navy.
  • Sin-Care Booster Serums Party Girl Serum 5ml - activates the skins detoxification process, reduces dark circles, plus it de-stresses and brightens your complexion (£46.50 for full size).  Definitely worth trying as I need all of the above.
  • Alima Pure Luminous Shimmer Eyeshadow in Paris - all natural shimmery mineral powder (£12.50 for full size).  I don't normally use loose powder eyeshadows as I am afraid that I will make a mess, but this is a sparkling sandy nude colour which will be perfect for Christmas parties, so I will give it a try.
  • Lamilou Absolutely Natural Smooth Exfoliating Liquid Orange Blossom Flower - 30ml (from £22 for full size) - 100% natural.  This product cleanses and purifies the skin without drying it and can be used as a daily body exfoliant
  • Twistband Hair Tie (£10 for pack of 6) - Always useful to have and a welcome additional item in the box.


Overall there is not one product included in the box that I won't use, so I would class that as a success.  Admittedly I am not familiar with any of the brands included in the box, but isn't that the point of beauty boxes, to be exposed to new brands and try things that you would not normally buy. For £10 including postage and packing I for one am quite happy with this box.

Leighlee
I paid for this box with my own money
Prices quoted are for the full size products, not the actual samples in the box




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Primark Vitamin Enriched Moisturising Primer Review - Bobbi Brown Dupe

Primark LED Light Mask Review

Aldi Lacura Vitabase Moisturising Primer Review - Bobbi Brown Dupe