Use it or Lose it Challenge Update

Here's an update to my Use it or Lose it September post here.  As a reminder I choose 8 products from my stash to use in September in order to decide whether I liked it enough to keep it, or if I should get rid of it. 



Here are the results:

Mac Warmth of Coral Blush - this blush is not my colour at all its just too orange.  I will sell this on eBay.
 
Max Factor Ageless Elixir 2 in 1 Foundation Plus Serum - I like the colour and coverage of this foundation and it works on my dry skin, so I will aim to use this along with my tinted moisturisers and BB creams.
 
Smashbox Photo Finish Oil Free Primer - this is too drying for my skin and did not work under my foundation - I have already sold this on eBay.
 
Chanel Illusion D'Ombre Eye Shadow in Emerveille - I think the reason that I didn't use this is because its a cream based shadow and I have very oily eyelids.  With a little bit of primer this stays on well and it a lovely golden colour with bronze undertones.  This is definitely a keeper.

Mac Strobe Cream - this works as a decent primer under my foundation and keeps my skin from drying out whilst providing a little illumination.  I will keep this and aim to use it up, but I don't think that I will repurchase.

Naked Eye Shadow Palette - This is a really great palette and I can't believe I have had it so long without using it.  I think the main reason for not using it is because I left it in the plastic outer cover and I just couldn't be bothered to take it out of the packaging and then put it back again.  I have chucked the packaging and have left the palette on a shelf which is easy to reach.  This has so many fantastic neutral colours and can be used day and night.  The quality and pigmentation is fab too.  The only question on my mind now is whether I should purchase the other naked palettes.  What do you think?

Clinique Chubby Stick in Chunky Cherry - At first I didn't think this was going to work for me as it wasn't moisturising enough for my dry lips, but when I applied it over a lip balm like Nuxe Reve de Miel then it really does look nice.  Its a sheer berry colour.  I also tried my other chubby sticks in Super Strawberry which I love and Woppin' Watermelon which is currently on my blog sale as its just too light for my lips.

Finally, Shu Uemura UV Under Base Mousse SPF30 in Pink - This is a face primer and its just too pale for my skin (fair to medium).  It leaves a pale cast on my skin that looks quite chalky although this goes away when you apply foundation.  I just didn't notice any brightening effect which is what the pink version is supposed to do.  I really wish I had picked up the beige version as I think that would have been more suited to my skin tone.  The pink version is definitely more suited to paler skins.  This is definitely going in my pile of products that I need to get rid of as I don't think I will be using it again.

So out of the 8 I started out with I'm keeping 5 products and getting rid of 3 products.
 
This was a very interesting challenge to undertake and it makes me appreciate the products that I have and encourages me to use a wider range to find my Holy Grail products.  If a product does not work for me then I will put it in my stash to get rid of either in my blog sale or on eBay.    I am definitely going to do the challenge again in October so watch out for my post next week which will list the products I will be using. 
 
Please feel free to take up the Use it or Lose it Challenge and send me a link to your posts.
 
Leighlee

Comments

  1. great post thankyo for sharing i would agreewit the mac its bit too orange for my liking too but i would definatly love to purchase the naked palettes , they all seem t be perfect tones which i use daily x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Primark Vitamin Enriched Moisturising Primer Review - Bobbi Brown Dupe

Primark LED Light Mask Review

Aldi Lacura Vitabase Moisturising Primer Review - Bobbi Brown Dupe